Celebrating the invaluable work of Teaching Assistants
At the start of a new academic year a whole range of teaching and support staff come back to school to fulfil a wide range of roles, all with the primary focus of delivering outstanding education for our students.
AIM Academies Trust has 50 teaching assistants and September 16th marked National Teaching Assistants Day, providing an opportunity to note the wide range of roles they undertake, including:
- Supporting the delivery of lessons with the class teacher
- Working with specifically selected groups/ individuals to assist in their learning
- Providing interventions when appropriate
- Help to undertake student assessments
- Implementing ‘Team Teach’ when appropriate to facilitate Positive Behaviour Management
- Providing pastoral care and supporting students during non-teaching time.
The work undertaken by our teaching assistants is instrumental to enabling our teachers to deliver outstanding education. We thank all of them for their valuable contribution to our schools.